This comprehensive guide brings together in one place all the official liturgical texts needed for planning a Catholic funeral Mass, providing a practical tool for priests, deacons, and lay pastoral ministers as they help grieving Catholics plan the funeral of a loved one. Families can select the readings and prayers that they find most fitting and record them on an easy-to-follow selection sheet. This sheet is then passed on to the presiding priest or his designate so that he can prepare the liturgy.
- Nearly 1,000,000 copies sold in its thirty-year history
- Contains all required changes from the Roman Missal, Third Edition, official approved lectionary readings, and pertinent texts from the Order of Christian Funerals
- Includes comprehensive selection sheet for readings and prayers
- Two distinct numbering systems: one coincides with the official liturgical books and the other with the Funeral Mass and Rite of Committal ritual card set published for presiders by Ave Maria Press.
- Includes brief, informative appendix explaining Church teaching on the practice of cremation.